What is Diary of A Mad Sailor About? - Where you stumble, there lies your treasure - Diary of A Mad Sailor Jump to content
Diary of A Mad Sailor

What is Diary of A Mad Sailor About?

Rate this topic

• Administrators

about-diary-of-mad-sailor.png.783ce758d7e671cd59a5f49860ba9378.png

The Diary of A Mad Sailor blog is all about my life and my journey overcoming PTSD and depression to create a popular veterans website, HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Research reveals that HadIt.com is the oldest continually online veterans forum. Check it out at the Wayback Machine.

One person can make a difference. I made it my mission to make the VA claims process easier for my brothers and sisters. We have had millions of visitors and built a very supportive community.

My endeavors began in 1994 I had a one-page website where I published resources and references. I used it to teach myself how to code HTML and create web pages. I then added a discussion forum. By 1996, the site had grown out of my little one-page site. So it was time to decide on a domain name and move everything to a dedicated host. I decided on the name HadIt.com on Jan 20, 1997, after slamming down the phone after another fruitless and exasperating call with the VA and saying I've had it. I registered it that very day, and the rest, as they say, is history.

View full article