Welcome! - Where you stumble, there lies your treasure - Diary of A Mad Sailor Jump to content
Diary of A Mad Sailor

Welcome!

Rate this topic

• Administrators

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and read it if you are so inclined.

I've had a few challenges, the same as you, perhaps. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose.

Many of these stories may be tough to read. The stories are mine; if anything I say here has any positive impact, no matter how small, I will consider it icing on the cake of a life blessed by God in so many ways.

My purpose in life revealed itself to me in the early 1990's. I would create a website for disabled veterans filing for VA disability compensation claims. I was a disabled veteran filing a VA disability claim, and the lack of information available was staggering. There were few websites in the early 1990's. I registered my domain hadit.com on Jan. 20, 1997. Veterans started coming, and after 26 years of running the site by myself, I gifted it to a nonprofit set up for that purpose. I am still in the background, working on the transition and completing a few projects I had started.

About Me:

I am the sole founder of HadIt.com. There is some confusion on the web, and I want to clarify that.

Any claims to be the founder or involved in the founding or planning of HadIt.com other than myself, Theresa M. Aldrich, "Tbird," are false.

There has never been a staff. There has always been just me, Theresa M. Aldrich “Tbird” Navy veteran. Other than a few volunteer moderators on our discussion forum. I have done all the work on the site, including design, research, writing, graphics, marketing, social media, SEO, and more. It has been my life’s work for over 27 years.

I still act as a board member, provide guidance, and do a lot of the work until we can find some folks to volunteer. I also have a few projects I want to finish up. So I’ll be in the background advising the new owner, Rattler, and helping where possible.